Binghamton University | NY
from the client
“Our teaming with Nitterhouse allowed for close coordination of all aspects of delivery & installation of the precast hollow core plank & solid slabs. Even though the weather produced some challenges, their attention to the fine details, and responsive professionalism, enabled the new dormitories to be completed within an aggressive 10-month schedule.”
- Replacement dormitories
- 2 separate 5-story buildings
- Structural steel framing with precast hollowcore plank flooring
- 489,578 SF Hollow Core plank
- 43,024 SF Precast Panels
- Hollow core flooring provides superior sound attenuation over other floor systems.
- Greater Student safety attributed to precast hollowcore plank’s inherent fire rating.
- Precast components allow for tight construction schedule
- Precast concrete contributed to sustainable practices by using materials efficiently, reducing construction waste, site disturbances, noise, and reduced project costs.