Nitterhouse Concrete Products, Inc. is blessed to employ many talented, dedicated employees whom we depend on to deliver the high-quality products and services that set us apart from our competition.
Highly skilled craftsmen, sales representatives, designers, project managers, administrative staff and other team members are all crucial to our sustained success, and we are always searching for hard-working and enthusiastic individuals who are interested in joining our company.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Nitterhouse Concrete Products is now hiring the following positions.
Now Hiring for:
Structural Project Engineer
Structural Project Engineer will prepare and coordinate engineering design calculations and details for precast/prestressed building systems, individual elements, and connections. As an engineer in a PCI certified production facility, position also provides technical support to other departments including estimating, production, and erection.
- Provide engineering design for precast/prestressed concrete building systems and components and their connections to each other and supporting structure.
- Provide design of individual precast and prestressed elements for production including member reinforcement (mild and prestressed) and lifter sizes/locations and handling schemes.
- Provide engineering design and technical support to field and erection crews.
- Provide design and details to remediate concrete members or connection elements when as-built conditions do not match details or there is a fit-up problem during precast erection.
- Work to identify efficiencies in production, erection, and design process.
- Visit on-campus production facility as needed to guide production personnel with design requirements and work with them to resolve fit-up issues when they arise to support concrete member production.
- Assist with project coordination process along with Project Coordinators and other Project Engineers in the Drafting and Engineering department.
- Make occasional visits to job sites, General Contractor, Engineer, and Architect offices as necessary to support design and construction process.
- Assist with or lead special projects including research and development, specialized production facilities, and design standardization.
- Obtain and maintain Professional Engineering licensure when eligible for the P.E. exam.
- Make sound engineering judgments employing strong knowledge of structural mechanics, material properties/behavior and compliance with relevant building codes.
- Assess projects and tasks with broad perspective considering economy, practicality, constructability and fit-up.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner as reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning, and problem-solving abilities.
- Carry out assigned tasks with a professional demeanor and display a calm, customer-oriented attitude in fast-paced and sometimes stressful conditions.
- Assess time required for workload to meet deadlines and issue deliverables as scheduled and provide status updates when requested.
- Communicate technical information verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical staff and clients.
- Possess a strong aptitude for highly accurate, detailed, thorough, and efficient work.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering, or similar program with Structural emphasis.
- Must have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam or have ability to pass within six (6) months of employment to gain Engineer-In-Training (EIT) status.
- Must be proficient with typical engineering design software, AutoCAD and/or Revit, Microsoft Excel, and Word
- Prior experience with precast/prestressed concrete design is strongly preferred but not required
Nitterhouse Concrete Products offers competitive pay and benefits to include:
- Vacation and personal days
- Paid holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401k plus company match
Nitterhouse Concrete Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit resume to:
Nitterhouse Concrete Products, Inc.
2655 Molly Pitcher Hwy. South
Chambersburg, Pa, 17202-7220